Choosing a financial planner is a very important decision. Not all advisors are built the same from the neck up. Having an experienced planner will allow you to do more given the complexity of today’s financial system. I have extensive experience in advising both individuals and businesses. In order to provide the most educated advice to my clients I have attained the following educational credentials. Each designation requires ongoing continuing education.
- CFP: Certified Financial Planner specializes in financial planning, including investments, estate, tax and retirement planning.
- ChFC: Chartered Financial Consultant provides assistance with comprehensive financial and business planning, including creating and conserving wealth, retirement and income tax planning as well as estate, gift and trust taxation.
- CLU: Chartered Life Underwriter has experience in life, disability and long term care insurance, financial, estate, retirement, business and employee benefits planning including pensions and group benefits.
I offer a no obligation / free consultation to discuss with you the areas of your personal or business needs. Take advantage of this opportunity to have an unbiased evaluation at no cost.
Selecting an Advisor
Mr Harkin’s Areas of Business include:
- Personal Financial Planning: Financial Position, Insurance, Investments, Taxes, Retirement
- Insurance Planning: – Life, Disability and tax deductible Long Term Care for SBO’s
- Tax Planning: Experience working with S-Corps, LLC’s and Sole Proprietors
- Retirement Planning: IRA’s Roth SEPs, SIMPLEs, Profit Sharing, 401(k), Solo 401(k)’s
- Business Continuity Plans: Buy / Sell agreements upon death, disability or retirement
- Estate Planning: Business Transition, Revocable and Residual Trusts, Charitable Giving . . .
How to Check a Financial Planner or Adviser Disciplinary History
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. – 800-487-1497
Securities and Exchange Commission